Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 8, 2009

My best sales lesson:



hey guys just go thru this n m sure u will get so much to learn from next few lines:
Last year I was once in a room (in jaypee sidharth –patel nagar-new delhi)with DANIEL MOSS (VP-EAST AFRICAN co.) and a bit of a sales legend.
I asked DANIEL,"How do you pull off these multi-million dollar deals?"

daniel replied, "When I leave the customer, the customer must believe that I BELIEVE THAT I AM THE BEST OPTION FOR HIM OR HER."

Note, not "good enough" but "the best". And note the emphasis on what the sales person believes.

daniel explained, "The customer may or may not believe that I am the best option, but he or she must be sure that I at least believe so."

Then daniel said, "Further, the customer must REMEMBER THE TWO OR THREE REASONS WHY I BELIEVE that I am the best option for him or her."
Wonderfully put! I memorized daniel's lines and have used them profitably ever since. They are worth memorizing, because much of professional life involves the rhetoric of sales.


A footnote for the graduating class:

Even in a job interview, you cannot simply portray that you are good enough for the job. There must be thousands who are good enough! IMHO, you have to believe and convey - with all appropriate humility and tact - that you are the best for that particular role. And you have to arrive at the two or three reasons why you are the best for it. It could be your background, it could be your skills, it could be your interest, it could be your sincerity, it could be your desire to work for less money, it could be your openness to learning, it could be your knowledge of the city, it could be your skills with a language, it could be your personality - whatever

And believe me that one lesson changed ma working style…yet m the same for ma family and frnds but I know I have changed ma self in a great way..
Thanks daniel..i dont know how to contact u again but this is a salute to u...
jai jai GURU